And we can’t wait to see you 🙂
Opening times (initially):
10.30 am – 2.30 pm Monday to Saturday
Please understand that we may be slower than usual while we re-establish ourselves. If you would like a particular title, we suggest you email the shop a day or two beforehand firstname.lastname@example.org
We probably won’t be answering phone calls during opening hours and encourage you to email us instead. If you don’t email please leave a message on our answer machine, which we will respond to within 24hrs. We will continue to offer our delivery service and can delivery books nationally and (mostly) worldwide. We take your well-being seriously and have incorporated measures to support this. You can help in the following ways
- We advise you to bring your own bag. We will have paper bags available which you can help yourself to but your own bag is better
- We ask you to pay with card / contactless
- We ask that you wash your hands before and after leaving the shop and that 2m distance is respected
WE LOOK FORWARD TO THANKING YOU IN PERSON BUT PLEASE KNOW HOW GRATEFUL WE HAVE BEEN FOR YOUR SUPPORT, PATIENCE, COMMUNICATION AND HUMOUR THROUGHOUT THE LOCKDOWN. ESPECIALLY THE HUMOUR 🙂
You are invited to a Live Author Event with R A C H E L J O Y C E
Wednesday, 24th June 7.30pm
Rachel’s novels include The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, Perfect and The Music Shop. She will talk about her forthcoming book MISS BENSON’S BEETLE. Red Lion Books has a pre-order offer: £2 off the rrp and limited edition signed bookplates. The event is FREE via ZOOM. It will be a prompt start at 7.30 pm, ending at 8pm Please email me for ZOOM detailsBest, Jo
Thank you to our customers who have shown patience, support and understanding during the lockdown. We miss seeing you face-to-face but we look forward to seeing you again. In the meantime, we can take orders via email email@example.com and deliver nationally.
We are using a 48hr TRACKED postal service provided by the Royal Mail. Delivery is FREE for orders over £20 otherwise there is a £1.50 delivery fee. Payment requests will be sent by text or email using iZettle or PayPal and we are able to accept National Book Tokens and Red Lion Books vouchers during this period.
We can send Red Lion Books vouchers via email if you would like to gift friends or family you can’t visit.
Home delivery orders placed before 2 pm on Thursday 9th April: We will endeavour to get them out to you between Saturday and Wednesday
All orders placed after this time will still be fulfilled if the item is in stock, but will not be delivered until Wednesday-Friday next week.
Update: Monday, 6th April
- We can place SINGLE BOOK ORDERS with our warehouse for delivery to any address nationally
- This means we can only deliver one book, per parcel.
- You may order books in quantity but they will be sent individually with a £1.50 charge per book.
- Delivery will use a 48hr tracked service. A 24 hr service can be requested at an additional cost
- FREE DELIVERY for single books over £20
Picking and packing single book orders allows a skeleton warehouse staff to work well within the permitted social distancing, keeping everybody safe.
We appreciate this isn’t very green but the service uses Royal Mail so deliveries are using routes which are already established.
We are still here to advise and will be making regular posts on social media with our recommendations.
We prefer seeing our customers but needs must so until we can meet again, we would like to offer this service and look forward to hearing from you.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title and author (and ISBN if you have it!) of the book or books you are interested in.
- We will let you know availability and price.
- At that point, you can confirm your order with your postal address and a request for payment will be sent via PayPal. You do not need to have a Paypal account to make payment.
- The range of books that are available through this arrangement is not as great as our normal special order service and stock may be more patchy than usual
Thank you for your patience to date.
We endeavoured to get books to you, initially on a bicycle but after isolation we relied on our suppliers to send books to you directly. They faced their own challenges and deliveries were sometimes slower than we had hoped; last week they temporarily suspended orders but have now regrouped and can recommence with a limited but well-considered service which protects the health of their staff.
We will continue to select our monthly, mystery book (known as Underwraps) as well as running our book clubs via the online application ZOOM
We hope you and your families are well and safe.
From all of us at Red Lion Books